Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
- Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a military spouse or Family member who just moved to a new installation, Retiree, or DoD civilian looking for new opportunities, or active duty Military, active Reserve, National Guard member, or Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help.
Our services include:
- Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Classes and seminars on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship.
- Résumé critiques
- Career counseling and individual career assessments
- Job fairs and other hiring events
- Teen/youth employment information
- Computers with internet access, résumé-writing software, and typing tutorials
- Virtual Career Library access
Contact your Employment Readiness Program manager (ERPM) for more information. Contact information for installation ERPMs can be found at Army OneSource.
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) provides information and referral services on employment, education, training, transition, and volunteer opportunities to give Family members the competitive edge needed to secure meaningful employment. ERP offers up-to-date information on available employment opportunities, market and job trends, education, and volunteer resources to help individuals make informed decisions when seeking employment. Services offered by the ERP include classes and seminars related to employment:
Dressing for success
Individual career assessment and counseling Contact your Employment Readiness Program Manager for more information!
- Teen Hiring Fair Prep Class
- Job postings
- Computers, copy & fax machine
- Resource library
- Career coaching
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership Program
- Free job search skills workshops & job fairs
- Small & home-based business counseling
- Attire for Hire
- Classes and Workshops
To view the 2019 ERP Class Schedule, click here.
Job Search Skills Workshop
- Writing a Winning Resume
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job
- Ace Your Next Job Interview!
- Social Media and your Job Search
Spouse Employment Orientation
- Are you a military spouse new to the area and seeking employment? The Employment Readiness Program delivers orientation weekly to educate spouses on services available to them and employment opportunities in the local area. Orientation is held at ACS, Bldg. 2494, Ricker Road, every Wednesday at 10 a.m. Please call +1 (915)569-5838 to sign up for the orientation.
- Online Computer & Software Training: Learn basic computer skills as well as popular software programs like MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint by visiting www.free-ed.net. All classes are delivered in an online format and are available at no cost.
- Employment Class Registration
Orientation classes are held every Wednesday morning beginning at 10am at ACS, 2494 Ricker Road. These classes are designed for family members of active-duty military, retirees, andtheir family members. The Employment Orientation Class must be completed before taking any other employment classes.
- Interested in starting a local small or home-based business?
Representatives from the Women's Business Border Center are now available ACS by appointment to speak to you about entrepreneurship and available avenues to get your business idea up and running. They specialize in educating potential business owners on writing business plans, marketing, start-up considerations, permits, licenses, contracting opportunities, and loan packaging.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|