- RANGE RESERVATIONS
Reservations are required for range use. Please fill out the below form and submit. Only one POC for the group is required and you can only reserve one time slot and range. Please note that there is a two hour limit. Each range has a max number of patrons allowed so ensure that your party is not larger that the range can accomodate. Please note that at this time we are only accepting debit/credit cards, no cash will be accepted.
TUESDAYS ARE OPEN TO MEMBERS AND ACTIVE-DUTY ONLY.
The Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club has one of the best trap and skeet ranges in the tri-state area.
The hunting lodge motif club offers its members:
- Full-service pro shop
- Snack bar
- Meeting room
- Multiple shooting programs
- Covered pavilion
- Ten diverse ranges, including trap and skeet, five-stand sporting clays, pistol, rifle, and black powder.
3-D Archery Range
The Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club now offers a 3-D Archery Range which is open on Saturday and Sundays.
Nine animals available:
- Wild Boar
- Mule Deer
The distances are 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards from the firing line and each target is set up with its own independent firing line.
Practice range, targets are available in shed next to range for patrons to use or patrons can bring their own.
- Hunting on Fort Bliss
Curious about the hunting allowed and how to get permission to hunt on Fort Bliss?
Click on the website below for all of the information you need to obtain a Fort Bliss Recreation and Hunting Access Permit:
- Range Rules
Range Safety Rules
- All guns will be pointed down range at all time.
- As a precaution, always assume that the gun is loaded.
- Keep your fingers off of the trigger until gun is ready to be fired.
- All shooting will be done from the ready line or from behind the benches.
- All shooters will use the words clear and hot. Shooters needing to go down range will call clear.
- Clearmeans all guns are unloaded and not behind handled.
- Hot means guns can be handled, loaded, and fired.
- While shooter is downrange, no one is allowed to handle any guns.
- When a shooter calls clear orhot he will get confirmation from all other shooters.
- Only shoot at your target.
- If anyone notices a violation of any of the above rules, they are responsible to call cease fire.
- You are responsible for your own gun.
- Always be safe
- Club members and their guests must sign in at the clubhouse Pro Shop prior to using ranges and must display club card at all time while on range.
- Non-members of the Club must sign in at the Clubhouse Pro Shop and obtain a range identification tag prior to using any range facility and must display their range tags at all times while on the range.
- Everyone is requested to adhere to the written Range Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Shooting targets may be purchased at the Clubhouse Pro Shop, and personal targets may be used if they meet the specific range requirements and Safety SOP. Plastic bottles, beer, and/or soft drink cans may be used as targets on range 8 only. Glass targets are not permitted on any ranges. The range must be cleaned prior to leaving.
- Please exercise caution not to accidentally discharge guns in the direction of club property, range signs, and stationary furniture.
- Alcohol, in any form, is not allowed on the ranges. Rod & Gun club personnel will refuse admittance to any range if an individual appears to be under the influence of alcohol.
- 50 caliber guns (of any type) and clay pigeon hand throwers are not allowed. Rifles with calibers capable of shooting over 4100 meters cannot be fired from any range. Due to Installation safety restrictions.
- Fully automatic guns are prohibited on any range at the Rod & Gun club (with the exception of Federal Law Enforcement Qualification. Requires prior management approval).
- Please only utilize the range you are assigned.
- All firing can only be done from the firing line, which are all painted red.
- Ear and eye protection will be worn by all shooters and spectators.
- As part of installation safety procedures all safety rules will be followed. You can review all safety rules in the Pro Shop.
- Please remove all pistol and rifle magazines and clear all guns before entering the clubhouse.
- All children under 18 must be under adult supervision at all times inside the Club and outside on the ranges. Any adult supervising a child will not be allowed to shoot on the ranges leaving the child unsupervised.
- In the event of an Emergency please follow these procedures:
- Cease Fire Immediately.
- Push the emergency shut down system button located on the range.
- Notify the range safety officer.
- Follow all instructions given by the safety officer.
- Wait for the safety officer to lift the cease fire, and call "all clear".
- Please help us keep our ranges clean! Pick up after yourself.
Rod and Gun Membership Fees (prices effective Oct 1, 2019) Yearly Six Month Daily E-1 to E-6 $55 $40 $10 E-7 and above $80 $50 $12 Civilian Law Enforcement $100 $65 $13 Retired Military, 100% Disabled Vets $85 $55 $12 DOD Civilians, NAF Employees $90 $60 $13 Civilian Non-Military $110 $70 $15 U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy (9 months) $70 $12 Trap/Skeet/5 Stand (per round) Trap/Skeet/5 Stand (member) $5 Trap/Skeet/5 Stand (non-member) $7
- Members receive 15% off most purchases in the Rod & Gun club pro shop
Free daily use of the ranges
Use of the self pull ranges (Trap/Skeet) during non-peak hours after qualifying with the Rod & Gun designated employee.
Free Membership Appreciation Night
- All members receive 10% of their total bill for any event catered at the club.
Discounted Trap/Skeet/5 Stand & Sporting Clay tickets and cards
- Pro Shop
The Pro Shop always has 9mm, 38 Special, 40 S&W, 45 ACP and .223/5.56 target ammunition in stock.
- Bullseye Grill
Classic grill items like hamburgers and hot dogs are available, along with an assortment of side items and snack foods like chips, candy bars and sodas. Diners can also enjoy Philly steak, club and grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, schnitzel and salads.
Youth range safety course
The Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club offers a youth range safety course for children ages 6-17. As a reminder, children 0-5 years old are not allowed on the ranges at all.
Due to COVID-19, we are not holding our Saturday Child Safey Classes. Instead, we are doing one-on-one classes, first come, first serve, during the following times:
The class is held at the Rod and Gun Club and is free of charge.
Youth must complete this course before being allowed outside on the ranges.
Standard operating procedures for children on the ranges
- Children under the age of 18 will not be allowed on the firing ranges without adult supervision from an adult parent or guardian.
- Children age 5 and below will not be allowed outside on the ranges at the Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club at any time. Children age 5 and below will not be allowed to remain in vehicles on the ranges at any time. Children age 5 and below will be allowed accompanied by an adult parent or guardian inside the facility.
- Children age 6-17 will be required to provide a certificate of training in either Hunters Education, NRA course or equivalent training before being allowed outside on the ranges.
- Children 12 years of age and under will be accompanied one on one with an adult parent or guardian with 100 percent eyes-on supervision. Adult in charge of watching each child will not be allowed to shoot.
- Children ages 13-17 will be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times while on the ranges.
- Children will not be left unsupervised on the ranges at any time, children found unsupervised will be escorted to the adult parent or guardian supervising them and a verbal warning will be issued, any further occurrences the customer will be asked to leave the ranges for the safety of the children, other customers and the employees at the facility.
- Patrons while utilizing the facility and ranges will be respectful to the staff and abide by all range safety and range rules; if staff views that a customer is being other than respectful the customer will be asked to leave the property for the safety of others.
- For questions, please call 568-2983.
- Download the child safety on the gun range SOP (.pdf)
Full Service Catering
From audio visual support, guest passes for easy access onto Fort Bliss, free parking and more, we strive to offer all the services you need to complete your event needs. Our Professionally Trained Catering Staff is ready to assist you with all your Catering Needs.They bring to the table many years of experience in catering and have attended several Catering Conferences, such as Catersouce - which is the world's largest gathering of caterers, offering classes on new industry trends. You will find that our Catering Staff can assist you with not only your menu selections-but can gladly make suggestions about decor, themes and room setups.
- Class Schedule
Course Descriptions (pdf)
- Online Class Registration (Temporarily suspended)
- Texas License to Carry / Concealed Handgun License
***PLEASE NOTE: Texas License to Carry Classes are CANCELLED until further notice. Please check back on our website and facebook page for updates. We will post on both locations once classes can be held again.***
Please contact Rod & Club directly for more information at 915-568-5026. Texas License to Carry Class is held on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
WE ARE OPEN BUT RANGE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. (Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance)
Trap and Skeet self-pull requires two people.
Tuesday, Thursday: Self-pull only