- Children under the age of 18 will not be allowed on the firing ranges without adult supervision from an adult parent or guardian.
- Children age 5 and below will not be allowed outside on the ranges at the Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club at any time. Children age 5 and below will not be allowed to remain in vehicles on the ranges at any time. Children age 5 and below will be allowed accompanied by an adult parent or guardian inside the facility.
- Children age 6-17 will be required to provide a certificate of training in either Hunters Education, NRA course or equivalent training before being allowed outside on the ranges.
- Children 12 years of age and under will be accompanied one on one with an adult parent or guardian with 100 percent eyes-on supervision. Adult in charge of watching each child will not be allowed to shoot.
- Children ages 13-17 will be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times while on the ranges.
- Children will not be left unsupervised on the ranges at any time, children found unsupervised will be escorted to the adult parent or guardian supervising them and a verbal warning will be issued, any further occurrences the customer will be asked to leave the ranges for the safety of the children, other customers and the employees at the facility.
- Patrons while utilizing the facility and ranges will be respectful to the staff and abide by all range safety and range rules; if staff views that a customer is being other than respectful the customer will be asked to leave the property for the safety of others.
- For questions, please call 568-2983.
- Download the child safety on the gun range SOP (.pdf)
Youth range safety course
The Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club offers a youth range safety course for children ages 6-17. As a reminder, children 0-5 years old are not allowed on the ranges at all.
Due to COVID-19, we are not holding our Saturday Child Safey Classes. Instead, we are doing one-on-one classes, first come, first serve, during the following times:
The class is held at the Rod and Gun Club and is free of charge.
Youth must complete this course before being allowed outside on the ranges.