Parent Central Services
Registration is handled through an appointment system.
- Registration requires approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
- You will need to show a valid military ID card, child's immunization record and current pay statement for all working family members.
- Swipe cards will be used for full time care.
- The registration is good for one year and is transferable to other Army installations.
- Registration must be renewed each year.
- File changes (ie: change in employment, change of address, spouse employment) must bereported to the Parent Central Office immediately.
Department of Defense (DoD) prescribes uniform fee regulations for all military child and youth programs. The fees are based on total family income and apply to all children who attend on a regular basis. The fee ranges are updated annually. Each year DoD instructs installation to increase fees based on estimates of inflation. Fort Bliss continues to attempt to minimize the impact on parents by providing a multi-child discount, offering volunteer and parent participation discounts. This year, families can earn up to 10% off their monthly child care costs by volunteering and participating in our programs. We commit to you that we will continue to provide quality and safe child care for our children.
- CYSS Fee Payment
- Due in advance of the service to be provided.
- Are considered late after 1800 on the 5th business day after and including the 1st and 15th of each month.
- A late fee of $5 will be automatically assessed after the 5th day.
- Households in arrears 45 days will be placed in a delinquent status and your children will be suspended from services until the household balance is satisfied.
- Parents enrolling during the month will have their fees prorated for that month.
- Families who PCS before the end of the month can have their fees for that month prorated with a two week notification of their last day.
- All federal holidays, spring and winter breaks have been calculated into the structure of the fees, therefore no credit will be given.
- Fees paid guarantee your childs space in the CYSS program as long as the fees are paid in advance.
- CYSS Emergency Designee Policies
- CYSS requires two local emergency contacts.
- Parents will provide updated information to Parent Central annually.
- Single and Dual Military families must have a designated short time provider.
- Parents are given 30 days from the date of registration to provide the name, address and phone number of the Short Term care provider to Parent Central or services will be terminated.
- Single and Dual Military families must submit their Family Care Plan (DA5305) within 30 days of registration or services will be terminated.
The Child & Youth Services programs are operated in accordance with U. S. Department of Agriculture policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex age, handicap, political beliefs, religion or national origin. More information may be obtained here or from the Office of Equal Opportunity, USDA, Washington, D.C. 20250. Any person who believes that he or she has been discriminated against in any USDA-related activity should inform the Director. Unresolved complaints should then be addressed to the CYSS Coordinator. You also have the option of contacting the Equal Employment Office here at Ft. Bliss or you may write to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D. C. 20250.
Fort Bliss Family and Morale Welfare and Recreation's Logan and Main child development centers are accreditated by the National Association for the Education of Young Children or NAEYC.
Fort Bliss' centers are the two largest centers in the area to achieve accreditation offering full-day, hourly and infant care. Nationally, approximately 7 percent of early childhood programs have been accredited with nearly 15,000 programs currently engaged in seeking accreditation.
In obtaining accreditation, programs undergo an intensive self-study, collecting information from parents, teachers, administrators and classroom observations. NAEYC early childhood professionals then conduct an on-site visit to validate the self-study results. Finally, a commission of national experts independently review the information and either grant or defer accreditation. Once awarded, the NAEYC accreditation is valid for three years.
According to Virgetta Johnson, the former Main CDC Director, The heart of NAEYC accreditation focuses on the child's experience. The process carefully considers all aspects of a program including health and safety, staffing, staff qualifications and physical environment. The greatest emphasis is on the children's relationships with the staff and how the program helps each child grow and learn intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
Both centers proudly display NAEYC's torch emblem the sign of NAEYC accreditation. Parents who look for the torch when choosing childcare or early education programs for their children will find programs that have made a commitment to excellence for young children and families.
- Childcare: Child Development Center (CDC), Family Child Care (FCC), School-Age Centers (SAC)
- Youth Programs (Middle School and Teens)
- SKIES Instructional Classes (age 18 months-18 years)
- Parent Education
- Sports and Fitness, Team Sports and Classes
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
1. Make an appointment at Parent Central Services by calling +1 (915)568-4374
Parent Central Services is your one stop shop for access to all CYSS programs. This is where you will find the instructions and forms to enroll your children with CYS Services and to register for:
To streamline the process and save you time, review the instructions and complete the forms before making your visit to Parent Central Services.
Electronic transfer of registration: Have your family's CYS services records automatically transferred to your new location. Contact Parent Central Services for more information.
2. Complete Required Forms
3. Complete AdditionalForms, if applicable
4. Bring required completed forms to your Parent Central Services Appointment.
Our expert staff will complete your registration electronically and issue your registration card and password for WebTrac.
5. Enroll in Programs
Use MWR Online Services (WebTrac) to pay household balances and search for, enroll, and pay for SKIESprograms. You can also visit Parent Central for enrollments, as well.