Family Readiness Groups (FRG)
- What is an FRG?
A Soldier/Family Readiness Group is a command sponsored organization of family members, volunteers, soldiers, and civilian employees belonging to a unit, that together provide an avenue of mutual support and assistance and a network of communications among the family members, the chain of command, chain of concern, and community resources.
- What is the Unit Commander's role in the FRG?
The Army Command Policy 600-1 (Feb. 2006) and The Army Leaders Desk Reference for Soldier/Family Readiness provides specific guidance for the command roles. Additional material is provided in the Pre-Command Course & other FRG related Trainings.
- First Sergeant
- Command Sergeant Majors
- What is the Role of the Family Readiness Liaison (FRL)?
The Family ReadinessLiaison (FRL) is a link between Soldiers, families, Family Readiness Groups and community resources.
Theirrole is to assist the command in properly and effectively responding to soldier and family needs by:
- Providing information and referrals to families who need assistance to the appropriate installation/community resources
- Scheduling and coordinating training
- Assisting in establishing and updating FRG rosters
- Working with the Rear Detachment Commanders to provide FRG leaders with timely and accurate information
- Providing assistance with the preparation of pre-deployment, sustainment and reunion activities
- Assisting with FRG newsletters and websites
- Helping to lighten the volunteer load
- How do I register and log my hours as a volunteer?
Visit the Army Volunteer Corps page for more information.
- FRG Regulations
Appendix J of AR 608-1 was released in December of 2006. Appendix J outlines FRG Roles and functions; resources available to FRGs; fundraising guidelines, donations; and the budget process. Anyone looking for guidance or answers to FRG-related matters should refer to Appendix J or the Commander or Ethics Counselor.
Operation R.E.A.D.Y (Resources for Educating About Deployment and You) is a training resource which was developed after the Persian Gulf War from lessons learned in deployment. ACS provides the following OPREADY-based trainings:
- Care Team Training - Learn how to establish this team to prepare for trauma in the unit, whether its a family member or Soldier. Positions on a Care Team include home care, meal assistance, transportation, phone call support,and childcare assistance.
- Key Caller Training Designed to provide training in Key Caller duties, communicating with Family members, dispelling rumors, handling crisis calls, etc. It also shows Key Callers how they fit into a successful FRG.
- Treasurer Training Designed for FRG Leaders, Treasurers, Command representatives and anyone else who manages FRG money. It covers the various funds available and details the types of purchases that can be made with each fund.
FRG Training classes are available monthly. Interested participants can register online under the class registration link.
- What are the requirements for FRGs Inspections?
An inspection conducted by a detailed IG, oriented toward the identification of problems, determination of their root causes, development of possible solutions, and assignment of responsibilities for correcting the problems. Generally, IG inspections focus on issues rather than on units. The scope and content are determined by the commander to whom the inspector general is assigned.
Training and Evaluation Outline is available online. Commanders or another designated service member must be present at the ORA.
- FRG and Online Registration
This form is not currently available.
Due to technical difficulties, please register for classes/events by contacting program directly at 915-569-5500
- FRG Resources (SOPs, Templates and more)
- Family Member Information Survey 2018.docx
- Family & MWR FRG Fundraising SOP
- Command Policy Letter for FRGs
- FRG Registration Form
- FRG Meeting Locations
- Account Reconciliation (.pdf)
- Account Signatures Form (.pdf)
- Activity Checklist (.pdf)
- Appointment Letter (.pdf)
- Appx J AR 608_1 (.pdf)
- AR 608_1_MAR 2013 (.pdf)
- Checkbook Balancing Steps (.pdf)
- Commanders request for Fundraising (.pdf)
- Coping With Stress (.pdf)
- Establishing the FRG Newsletter (.pdf)
- FRG account add and remove (.pdf)
- FRG Checking Account Authorization Letter (.pdf)
- FRG EIN 1(.pdf)
- FRG EIN 2 (.pdf)
- FRG EIN 3 (.pdf)
- FRG EIN 4 (.pdf)
- FRG Leader Checklist (.pdf)
- FRG Monthly Financial Report (.pdf)
- FRG Monthly Financial Report 2 (.pdf)
- FRG Monthly Report (.pdf)
- FRG Purchase Approval (.pdf)
- FRG Registration (.pdf)
- FamilyReadiness Survey (.pdf)
- FRG Volunteer Position Descriptions (.pdf)
- Fundraiser Checklist (.pdf)
- Helping A Distressed Person (.pdf)
- Key caller Job Description (.pdf)
- Key Caller Phone Tree Roster Sample (.pdf)
- Newsletter Template (.pdf)
- Project Planning Template (.pdf)
- Quarterly fund report (.pdf)
- Soldier_Family Problem Solving Guide (.pdf)
- SOP APF budget (.pdf)
- SOP FRG Newsletter (.pdf)
- SOP Informal Fund (.pdf)
- SOP Newsletter (.pdf)
- SOP Per DA_FRG Informal Fund (.pdf)
- Special Event Ideas (.pdf)
- Treasurer job description (.pdf)
- vFRG SOP Sample (.pdf)