- ATTENTION PATRONS – Current Operational Status of Mickelsen Library
Mickelsen Community Library is currently open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the following:
- Check outs
- 13 Available Computer’s all CAC card enabled with printing capabilities, two NIPR’s, 1 scanner and a copy machine
- As directed by Garrison mandate, face masks are required for anyone 2 and up. They must be worn properly covering the nose and mouth.
- No computer reservations can be made ahead of time.
- Online ordering for indoor pick-up: Visit circulation desk for pick-up items.
- Books can be checked out for three weeks
- DVD’s and Video Games can be checked out for 1 week
- Only 1 Video Game at a time, per household
- Outdoor Book Drops are available 24/7 for BOOK RETURNS ONLY.
Mickelsen Library was dedicated to the memory of Lieutenant General Stanley R. Mickelsen, 1895-1966. Stanley R. Mickelsen was a visionary leader who brought the Army's Air Defense Artillery from the era of guns into the age of missiles. A native of Minnesota, he attended the University of Minnesota and entered the Army in 1917 as a second lieutenant in the Coast Artillery Corps. During World War II, he served on the War Department General Staff and later commanded an antiaircraft brigade. From 1950 to 1952, he was the Commanding General at Fort Bliss. LTG Mickelsen then became the Commanding General, Headquarters, Antiaircraft Command (ARAACOM) in Colorado, in charge of the Army's part in the nation's continental defense system during the Cold War. He retired from the Army in 1957. Center Library was collocated with the United States Army Air Defense Artillery School Library in building 2, E-wing, in June, 1996 and later renamed Mickelsen Library in a dedication ceremony held 18 June 1997.
- Mickelsen Online Resources
Just click on the above link to see all the online resources the Mickelsen Community Library has to offer! You can even digitally check out books!
The Mickelsen Library offers:
- Books - About 40,000 on all types of subjects, including fiction
- Periodicals - 13 magazines and many more in digital format
- Reference - (915) 568-1902
- Children's Desk - (915) 568-6156
- Access to the Internet, 40 CAC-enabled computers, 1 scanner
Copier (.10 per page; cash only)
Printing (.10 per page; cash only)
A 24-hour book drop is located at each end of E-wing.
More info about programming at the Mickelsen Community Library is coming soon!
- Online Catalog
Check out the links below to see what rentals the library offers!
- Army Chief of Staff's Reading List
The MakerSpace is not open at this time.
Mickelsen Community Library
Mickelsen Community Library
Wild West Wonderland
Holiday Story Time
Celebrate the holiday season at Mickelsen Library!