- Deployment Support to Soldiers and units preparing to deploy or returning from a deployment. Information and referral services assist Soldiers and Family members dealing with deployment and redeployment questions, concerns, and challenges. Services can be tailored to assist commanders in meeting the deployment and redeployment needs of their SFRG. Commanders also have the virtual SFRG (vSFRG) as a tool to communicate with their SFRG membership in a secure online environment, especially during deployment.
- Family Readiness Training for command teams, Command Family Readiness Representatives, and SFRG volunteers.
- Emergency Family Assistance, provided when disaster strikes an Army community and accessed through multiple methods:
- Through an ADPAAS electronic assessment, Soldiers and Families can identify needs, which will be assigned to the closest ACS ADPAAS case manager
- Through the Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC), a garrison-level, one-stop location for Soldiers, Civilians, and Family members to access needed recovery services
- During noncombatant evacuation and repatriation operations for personnel in OCONUS locations
- Care Team
The purpose of the Care Team is to offer short-term care and support to Families of deceased and seriously wounded Soldiers until the Family's own support structure is in place.
Care Teams are not mandatory, but are an additional way battalions can provide valuable support to Families.
Classes are held in person at the Family Resilience Center (FRC). Please call (915) 569-5500 to register fill out the form below.
- Preparing Families for Deployment
Our Soldiers process through a mandatory PREDEPLOYMENT brief we facilitate within a 90-day window of the actual departure. If Spouses, partners and other loved-ones are unable to attend the unit briefings, we provide briefings at Soldier Family Readiness Groups (SFRG) meetings to accommodate a greater flexibility for our Army Families. The topics covered to prepare for deployment are: Legal (Wills/Powers of Attorney), Tricare/Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), Child Youth Services, Army Emergency Relief, Red Cross, Post Finance and United Serviceman Organization. These are designed to address challenges before deployment, but also are very helpful during and after. We assist our Families to prepare now, so their Soldier has no new concerns that crop up while deployed so they stay safe by remaining mission-focused.
Preparing for Deployment classes are available per SFRG request. Please contact the MOBDEP team at 569-5500 for scheduling requests.
- Homecoming and Reunion Classes
The Homecoming/Reunion classes are designed to help soldiers and their family transition from deployment to reunion by maximizing the positive aspects of reunion. Preparation is the key to a smooth transition into reintegration of soldier and family.
- Changes in Relationships
- Coping with Stress
- Resources for Assistance
Participants are required to call and sign up for the class. Unit SFRG registrations are welcome. Arrangements can be made for child care through CYS; the family member must make arrangements for the day/time they will be attending the class. For more information, call 569-5500.
Deployment isn’t easy. Mobilization, Deployment and Stability and Support Operations (MD&SSO) helps make it as smooth as possible—for units, Soldiers, and Families.
MD&SSO provides training and publications to help commanders, Soldiers, and Families navigate the challenges of mobilization and deployment. We also have resources for rear detachment cadre and Soldier and Family Readiness Group (SFRG) leaders.
We assist the chain of command by empowering SFRG leadership and volunteers, providing them with robust training and resources to maintain a successful and effective SFRG. In addition, Family Readiness Support Assistants (FRSAs) provide administrative and logistical support to commanders, rear detachment commanders, and SFRG leaders.
MD&SSO also assists during Noncombatant Evacuation and Repatriation Operations. During emergencies, the Army Disaster Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (ADPAAS) helps gain accountability, assess Family needs, and coordinate assistance.
The MD&SSO Program provides:
Other Deployment Readiness Resources
Plan My Deployment. Military OneSource’s Plan My Deployment provides tips, resources, and articles to help prepare for all phases of the deployment. Click here to access Plan My Deployment.
Soldier and Family Readiness Groups (SFRGs). SFRGs and virtual SFRGs (vSFRGs) offer Families official and accurate command information, connect Soldiers and Families to the chain of command, provide a network of mutual support, and connect SFRG members to on/off-post community resources.
Social Media. Social media can be a powerful tool to inform, influence, and engage Soldiers and Families. Click here to access the Army's Social Media site.
Ready Army. Ready Army is the Army’s proactive campaign to increase the resilience of the Army community and enhance its readiness by taking stock of and preparing for relevant hazards. Click here to access Ready Army
(Non-Government Links, No Endorsement Implied)
Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP). YRRP is a DoD-wide effort to promote the well-being of National Guard and reserve members, as well as their Families and communities, by connecting them with resources throughout the phases of deployment. Click here to access YRRP.