- Aquatics Training Center
Hours of Operation
Monday 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesday 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Thursday 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Friday 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Sunday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Federal Holidays 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Training Holidays 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. November 28 & December 25 CLOSED December 24 & 31 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. January 1, 2020 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The Aquatics Training Center is a 50,000-square-foot facility featuring three pools: an Olympic-size pool, a multipurpose recreational pool and a diving well.
Features of the multipurpose pool:
- Zero-depth entry with a maximum depth of 8 feet which supports shallow-water egress training
- 12-foot climbing wall located on the deck
- Apermanent basketball goal and volleyball-court capabilities
- Heaters for therapy temperature within four hours to support wounded warrior rehabilitation
*The multipurpose recreation pool is available on a first-come, first-served basis; reservations are not accepted. It is also closed for Wounded Warrior therapy sessions from 1pm-3:30pm every Monday and Wednesday. Reservations are available for the recreation portion of the pool from 8am-5pm.
Features of the eight-lane, Olympic-sized pool:
- Multiple depths
- Moveable bulkhead that can divide the pool into two separate sections
- A 13-foot diving well featuring two 1-meter boards and a 3-meter platform designed for diving and drown-proofing, and can accommodate helicopter cab dunk training.
Aquatics Training Center amenities:
- Fully-equipped mens and womens locker rooms
- Family changing areas
- Large classroom available for trainings.
- Replica Indoor Pool
Hours of Operation
Monday 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesday 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. Thursday 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. Friday 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Sunday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Federal Holidays 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Training Holidays 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. November 28 & December 25 CLOSED December 24 & 31 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. January 1, 2020 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Replica Aquatic Center is an indoor swimming facility featuring:
- an Olympic-sized pool
- Lap swimming
- Drown-proofing and swim lessons
- Pool parties rentals
- Soldier Activity Center Outdoor Pool (18+ only)
Hours of Operation
Monday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Wednesday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Thursday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Friday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Saturday 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. Sunday 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. Federal and Training Holidays 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The outdoor pool at the Soldier Activity Center is a 4,000-square-foot swimming facility designed for recreational use. All guests must be age 18 or older.
- Community Outdoor Pool
Hours of Operation
Monday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Wednesday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Thursday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Friday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. Federal and Training Holidays 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The Community Pool:
- Located next to the Family Resilience Center
- Available for small parties
- Features a double loop slide and two additional water slides
- Shaded sitting area
- Indoor/outdoor carpeting
- Biggs Outdoor Splash Park (Closed permanently)
- Pool Fees
Aquatics Fees Active-Duty Daily Visit Monthly Pass Monthly Pass Family
Aquatics Training Center
$1/Child (12 & under)
$1/Senior (55 & over)
$35/Family of 4
$5 each additional member
Passes can be purchased at any of the pools.
1. Facilities are available for the use by active duty, retired, reserves
military and Family members, and DA civilian employees of Fort Bliss. DOD
contracted employees, technical representatives, employees of military
banking facilities and credit unions. Contracted companies who have an
extended contract with Fort Bliss (3-5 years) and a physical building/office
provided by Fort Bliss may request use of physical fitness centers. These
contractor's must provide a list of employees and a photo copy of the
company's ID card to the sports branch. Reference AR 215-2, Chapter 2, Para
2 - 3.
2. 100% ID Card check will be required of all patrons. All Physical Fitness
Centers, and Aquatics Facilities are required to maintain 100% ID card
checks during normal operating hours.
3. Authorized patrons (active duty, retirees, and reserve military and their
family, DOD Civilians) who wish to have guests in installation physical
fitness centers will adhere to the following policy:
a. Sponsors are responsible for the conduct of their guest at all
times while in the facility. Guests and sponsor must enter and depart the
facility at the same time.
b. DOD Civilians are authorized to bring their immediate family
members as guests, unlimited times per month. Immediate family member is
defined as a spouse or a child under the age of 22.Spouse or child must
bring some type of identification so staff can verify family member.
Cardholder is responsible for their family member and must remain in
facility with this person.
c. Guests are intended to be occasional users of the facility only.
Occasional users are defined as guests who utilize the facility no more than
four times in a one month period. All personswishing to bring a guest
must possess a valid military ID card. All guests must show a valid picture
d. Active duty military, retirees, and reserve military, and their
family members who are 18 years of age or older may have no more than two
(2) guests per visit. All other authorized patronsmay not sign in more
than two (2) persons. DOD contracted employees, technical representatives,
employees of military banking facilities and credit unions are not
e. Exceptions to the above policy may be considered on case by case
basis by the Director.
f. Guests and sponsors will complete a guest data sheet when they
enter the facility, which includes a "hold harmless" agreement releasing
this installation from claims against loss, damages,or personal injury.
- Rules and Regulations for pool use
Fort Bliss Aquatics Pool Rules
The following pool rules apply to Replica Pool, Aquatics Training Center,
Community Pool, Soldier Activity Pool:
1. Any person suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to enter the facility.
2. All patrons will comply with the orders and instructions of the lifeguards and pool staff.
3. All swimmers will shower before entering the pool.
4. Spitting, nose blowing, vomiting, urinating, or defecating is not allowed in the pool.
5. No person who has a respiratory, infectious or otherwise communicable disease will be permitted in the pool
6. Profanity, fighting and other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and will result in immediate removal.
7. Eating is not permitted in the pool area. Only water may be taken into the pool area. No glass containers allowed.
8. Gum chewing is not allowed in the pool area.
9. The use of tobacco products is not permitted within the facility.
10. Only bathing suits, approved swim attire and water shoes are allowed in the pool. Street clothes are not allowed. Only white, gray, or tan t-shirts are allowed in the pool.
11. Only ADA service animals and Military Working Dogs with proper documentation are allowed within the facility.
12. No video or photography will be taken of any patron without their consent.
13. Personal flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. No inflatable flotation devices are allowed except infant ring floats that have an attached seat. No water wings are allowed.
14. All toys must be approved by management.
15. The following activities are considered unsafe and are not permitted: running, dunking, pushing, sitting on shoulders, throwing other swimmer, and horseplay. Life guards reserve the right to further limit patron activity if it is determined to be unsafe.
16. Fort Bliss Aquatics is not responsible for items stored in lockers or personal belongings.
17. All lockers are for daily use only. Locks left overnight will be cut off.
The following rules apply to the Replica Pool, Aquatics Training Center, and Community Pool only. They do not apply to the Soldier Activity Pool as this facility is 18 and over facility.
1. A swim test must be taken by anyone 16 years old and younger who wishes to utilize deep water swimming areas. Wrist bands will be issued to patrons who pass the swim test.
2. Non potty-trained children must wear swim diapers in the pool.
3. Children 12 years old and younger must be under the supervision of a parent/guardian (16 years or older) at all times.
4. All children, kindergarten age and older will use gender appropriate restrooms or the family changing rooms. Diaper changing will take place only in the locker rooms or restrooms.
5. Children under five years of age or younger, non-swimming children, and those wearing lifejackets or other flotation devices must be within an arm's reach of an adult at all times.
6. A 15 minute "pool break" may be given at the end of each hour during recreational swim time.One long whistle will serve as the signal for swimmers to exit the pool during that time.
All Fort Bliss Aquatics facilities follow a 100% ID card check policy.